Welcome back to the 2020-2021 school year! We are thrilled that you are joining us this year and are allowing us to provide your scholar with the best education possible. We have been working hard on creating a plan that is just right for your scholar whether you choose a 5-day in person instruction or virtual through eLearning. We have learned a lot over the past few months and ready to make this year the best that it can possibly be.
Please see the the links below for more information.
NWI LHA Reopening Letter Q2 - 2020-2021
NWI LHA Reopening Letter Q2 - 2020-2021 (Spanish)
Northwest Indiana Lighthouse Academies 2020-2021 Calendar - UPDATED
Back-to-School Face Covering Guidance for Families
OVERVIEW OF K-8 DISTANCE LEARNING
All students in kindergarten through eighth grade have weekly assignments that must be completed by the end of each week. We understand that many families are experiencing difficult situations during this pandemic and so we want to reassure you we will be partnering with parents to ensure scholars can be successful. This includes distribution of technology, teachers posting weekly assignments each Monday with a deadline of the following Sunday, and making ourselves available for communication throughout the week. As we work in partnership with families we also want families to be aware that both attendance and grades are used to make end of year promotional decisions.
WHERE DOES MY CHILD GO TO START LEARNING?
Grades K - 8: Start Learning Here
Additionally, your student will need to access Google Classroom.
1. Go to lha.onelogin.com
2. Type in the student’s first.last name as the username. Type in the password.
3. Begin at Google Classroom, press the Google Classroom app. Select the desired class.
Grab and Go breakfasts and lunches are currently available at our East Chicago Lighthouse Charter School campus, Monday – Friday from 11am-12pm. Families are welcome to pick up a breakfast and lunch for each scholar that is enrolled with Lighthouse Academies as well as anyone under the age of 18.
Comcast is offering new Internet Essentials customers two free months of Internet service while increasing speeds to 25 Mbps downloads and 3 Mbps uploads. After your two free months, you can either cancel or continue as a regular Internet Essentials customer. There is no contract or credit check required. To learn more, visit https://www.internetessentials.com/covid19
How to Properly Wash Your Hands
- What if my child does not have a tablet or a laptop?
- What if I don’t have Wi-Fi at home?
- Will teachers check in with students over the next 8 weeks?
- Will teachers and staff be working during this time?
- My child receives support services (Special Education, English Language Learner services, speech therapy and/or counseling services). Will these continue during distance learning?
- Will the online instruction count towards grades?
- My child is an 8th grader. Is graduation going to be affected?
- Does my scholar have work every week?
- Will the work be graded and recorded in the gradebook?
- What if my scholar needs help?
- How will Q3\Q4 report cards be distributed?